Position Announcement: Wean-to-Market Herd Veterinarian
February 1, 2012 — The Maschhoffs
The Maschhoffs, LLC (TheMaschhoffs.com), one of the largest independent pork producers in the US, is adding a Wean to Market Herd Veterinarian. As a family-owned business, we have over 100 years of experience in pork production and are one of the nation’s largest independent, family-owned swine production operations, with approximately 192,000 sows and associated market hog production in nine states. Our focus is on creating environmentally and economically sustainable pork production systems by networking with more than 320 other independent farm operations. The Maschhoffs are able to provide enough pork for more than 10 million consumers annually.
We are currently seeking a Veterinarian for our Wean to Market operations in southern Illinois. This role will be responsible for serving as a liaison to the operating divisions throughout The Maschhoffs’ Pork Business. Located within 60 miles of St. Louis, MO, this location offers a country setting for the outdoor lovers, yet is within an hour drive to a major metropolitan area for taking in some shopping, a sporting event, or kids' museums & zoo.
- Maintain active collaboration with The Maschhoffs’ internal veterinary team and a team of consulting veterinarians to provide production management personnel with fiscally and socially responsible strategies
- Provide leadership in training and developing production personnel
- Assist in the innovation of health and production practices
- Apply stewardship in working with animals and other resources key to the position and important to the company
- DVM degree from an accredited veterinary college
- Related veterinary college classroom, lab and intern pig management experience
- Valid license to practice veterinary medicine in at least one state in which The Maschhoffs has production involvement, or ability to obtain license upon hire
- Ability to travel in a combination of day and overnight trips up to 70%
If interested, please click here to apply.
The Maschhoffs offer competitive wages and an exceptional benefits package including the use of a company vehicle.
- Next story: Position Announcement: Technical Services Veterinarian - Swine [Jobs]
- Previous in category: Position Announcement: Swine Veterinarian - Southern Minnesota [Jobs]
- Previous story: ASF: Continued Spread in Russia, Re-occurrence in South Africa [FAD]