About the AASV
Based in Perry, Iowa, the AASV has approximately 1300 members involved in practice, industry, and academia in more than 40 countries.
It is the mission of the American Association of Swine Veterinarians to increase the knowledge of swine veterinarians by:
- promoting the development and availability of the resources which enhance the effectiveness of professional activities
- creating opportunities which inspire personal and professional growth
- advocating science-based approaches to industry issues
- encouraging personal and professional interaction
- mentoring students, encouraging life-long careers as swine veterinarians